Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Monday 28 March 2016

A low blow:

Today I got some news that really has felt like a punch below the belt...

I even saw photo evidence that was hard to stomach...You know the happy, smiley type that leaves you shaking your head, thinking I'd rather not have seen that? The news that makes you face, what may seem like another, cold, hard reality and admit to yourself, you have totally nothing nice to say that wouldn't be actually fake?

Yes, I am human and at times I'd prefer it if I wasn't!

Some background information – I had already been working through some personal stuff, making the happy picture bitter to swallow. I had already been processing some realities and God's ultimate sovereignty. There were moments when I'd feel like saying, “How long Lord?” but overall I was doing well. And then wham – The Newsflash! And the enemy tried to knock me down with that old lie, that I am not-good-enough...You know, rejected dross?

And I'm like, “I really don't need this right now. I was going well!!”

What a low blow...

When speaking to a good friend today, she reminded me of my need for the Armour of God!

As a warrior daughter for The King-of-Kings, the enemy would have me fall off my steed if he could...I need God's Armour of protection.

Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armour of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armour of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Sometimes in life we can be hit with a low blow.

Yet we have a choice how we can react.
We can choose to see the Truth, that God has a good plan for our life for His Kingdom and Glory that will result in His peace for us...or we can be sidetracked by the carnival sideshows and live with a defeated mindset, rather than a victorious one because Christ has risen from the grave and is living in us!

Yes, sometimes low blows hurt.

But I know who I am in Christ Jesus and I am choosing to stand in that truth.

If you get hit with a low blow, believe me, He knows and will never leave you abandoned...Keep worshipping, keep reading His Word and talk to a trusted brother or sister in Christ!

For, “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28.


By His Grace, Melanie.


No comments: