Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Saturday 2 May 2015

I'm Desperate For You:

Have you ever imagined what it would be like if Jesus was to walk into the room you were in, right now?



Are you in a place in your life where there seems to be so much darkness surrounding you, it’s hard to see?  Or you feel like you’ve been backed into a corner, being viciously attacked with no friend beside you?  Or are you even too exhausted to cry tears?


Are you desperate?


Do you know what it’s like to experience this…Yes, even as a Christian?   I do.

Abandoned.

Desolate.

Powerless.

Exhausted.

Despised.

Yet, I choose to praise and worship The One who is unchanging in His LOVE for me – His choice of me doesn’t change, even during hard times.

Even if all I have is my BREATH – I will use it to worship Him.

If EVERYTHING ELSE falls away, I will still worship HIM – for this is my purpose!

To praise and worship Him for all that He is…My pure, holy, perfect God.

When I SURRENDER ALL that I am and choose to call upon Him in worship – when words won’t suffice and all I can do is breath and sing to Him, despite my feelings or circumstances something powerful happens.

The Holy Spirit begins to MINISTER to me…everything changes!

The darkness flees.

The bonds of rejection are loosened and HOPE returns.

My strength is RENEWED.

My desperation is satisfied abundantly.

I understand once again, even though I have done nothing, or can do anything to earn God’s LOVE – I have it.

I am left not feeling bitter for the trial but actually dearly LOVED and in some way a little more like Jesus for the experience.

Oh how His ways and knowledge are so above my simple thoughts.  Like the ones that would like for me to live in constant paradise…He is faithful and will fulfil His plan for me.

The enemy would love for me to forget God’s awesome goodness and that there is nothing in my life beyond His ability to help me with.

The enemy would have me die.

But I will choose to worship Jesus despite ANYTHING and I will continue to see doors opened and lives changed!


So today I encourage you to remember when all you can do is BREATH ~ simply exhale and worship Him.

Melanie.


Let me leave you with 'When You walk into the room' by Bryan and Katie Torwalt:


No comments: