Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Sunday 15 March 2015

Study, Songs & Scribing...

Life recently really has been a wonderful mixture…


I cannot say I have been driving myself in any ONE direction rather I have not resisted Him and have been letting God blow me where He wants.

The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.  John 3:8

Sometimes I can feel pressured to be the person whom the world (like my family, friends and community) expect me to be…

Yet as a creative person I really struggle fitting in – fulfilling the expectations, others seem to have of me to be like everyone else.

Do you ever feel like you don’t fit it?

I read a fantastic quote today in church from William Wilberforce…The man who gave up his life for leading the movement to abolish the slave trade in the British Empire from the late 1700s to the early 1800s.

“If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow creatures is to be a FANATIC, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large.”

God blew him where he needed to go to fulfil His God ordained purpose and strengthened him to be DIFFERENT!

I’ve been relaxing and remaining open to where He directs me each moment, day and week…

Some of the areas He has blown me to have been studying…I had an assignment due and He enabled it to all come together perfectly in time for when it was due.

Playing songs and writing new ones for His Kingdom and glory…This has been an amazing joy for me on so many levels.  I have been playing my new guitar and singing/song writing with my sister.

Scribing…well it does startswith ‘S’ and I do like catchy titles…I’ve been blessed to recently begin a new writing relationship with a woman from the US and her FREE online Christian magazine.  My first article, only published in ‘Grace Point’ Magazine was on Home-schooling.  Here’s the link if you’d like to read or and/or subscribe to this free Christian, monthly magazine to which I’ll be contributing now to each month:

I also wrote a guest blog post for Mr. Bill Kraski on Romans 9:21.  Published solely on Bill’s Christian Blogsite ‘Bill’s Musings’, it’s called Vessels of Purpose.  Here’s the link should you like to read it:

Be encouraged to take the road less travelled, being different, and being blown by His blessed Holy Spirit...It truly is a path of joy and excitement while providing His wonderful peace that only He can give!


In His service, Melanie.

Let me leave you with 'Oceans' from Hillsong...to be encouraged to be brave in Him and follow where He leads you...

           'Spirit lead me where my trust is without boarders...Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me.  Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour...'


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good read - and especially good song - a favorite of mine for sure! God bless