Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Friday 21 February 2014

Purity...

How we wait matters…

Yes, but I’m not waiting, I’m married and I’m busy working for Jesus!  

Maybe this is your response?

However I’d like to propose, that actually as Christians we all are waiting…we are waiting for Jesus to return.  And how we are waiting does matter.

God spoke to me this morning about waiting in purity…living my life 24/7 in purity for Him…and yes, this includes times when I think no-one is watching!

God showed me this passage in Ephesians, you may like to read the section yourself so here’s a link to do so: Eph 4:17-5:20 .  With this scripture The Lord was reminding me that I am to live my life His Way.  I am to live my new life a NEW WAY…not as I did in the past. 

It is a good reminder for me, as I believe that because of our free will we actively need to keep choosing to live our lives God's way daily, because we are still in a daily battle with our flesh.  We are waiting for Jesus to return and then we will have a new imperishable body…But for now we are waiting…AND HOW WE WAIT MATTERS!

We must wait in purity…

PURITY?  How can we possibly do this?  This may be your reaction, but remember, with God all things are possible (Luke 1:37).  And when you draw nearer to God, the devil will flee and so will the temptation.

I know how hard temptations can be to face and how hard it is to live a life in purity for The Lord 24/7.  Believe me I am 100% human and sometimes a very hormonal woman!  But temptations are NEVER from God and He will always provide a way out for us…and if we’re really honest with ourselves we need to admit that sometimes we don’t want to take the way out He offers.  Sometimes we just want to choose to give in! 

However this is NOT the way we grow in our maturity with God…so the fight is worth it to grow deeper and stronger in your relationship with God!

Ephesians 5:15-17 says… “Be careful then how you live, not as un-wise people but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil.  So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”

Are you living your life wisely?   Do you stop to consider that others are watching your every move?  I know my kids watch me ALL THE TIME…and that doesn’t even include my wider family or friends.  I would hate for them to consider me a hypocrite and for me to be a stumbling block stopping them connecting with Jesus.  I know I don’t always get it right – but I do want to choose God’s wisdom over my flesh!

We DO know these days are evil – So I want to ask you, are you a light in this dark world, shining out the truth of JESUS?  Or are you so similar to the rest of the world that others would not see a difference in you?  

Do you know what God’s will is for you?

I know these are hard questions…they are hard for us all.  But they are important questions for us to consider, which enable us to grow and mature in our lives. Growing in Jesus takes commitment, and sometimes choosing the harder path, which we may not have necessarily selected in the past.

Are you living your life in purity?

How we wait matters.


In love, Melanie.


No comments: