Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Friday 28 February 2014

Jehovah Jireh!

Jehovah Jireh is Hebrew for "God My Provider"

I am celebrating today that once again The Lord has provided for me and my family!

Not too long ago I needed to seek assistance from charity to provide my family with food...God provided during this difficult time.  It was a sudden, unexpected shock due to circumstances beyond my control...God did not stop this time of hardship from happening.  I admit I did experience some anxiety, but I decided to trust Him through it all.

I did not blog about this time of hardship, as I chose to keep quiet, trusting The Lord, and I only shared my situation with some close family and friends.

Well today I am pleased to announce that I now have a new job.  I had recently found someone I knew on Facebook and they messaged me, asking if I needed any work because they needed someone to fill in for them while they travel overseas for seven weeks!  I have needed to lessen my study load, but am excited about this new opportunity God has brought about, and to once again have my faith reassured in Our Sovereign Lord...

I do NOT want to preach a prosperity or worldly-successful doctrinal message - for this is not biblical.  Only that we can trust The Faithful One in both good and difficult times.  Please know that experiencing a challenging situation DOES NOT mean that God now loves you less, or that you must have done something wrong, or something is wrong with you!

The truth is that being a follower of Jesus Christ does NOT mean that you will be excluded from hardship and Jesus actually warns of the difficulties we will face living our lives for Him; See here in John.

However, if you are facing a difficult situation at the moment, let me encourage you today to continue trusting Him, and being obedient REGARDLESS of the storm!  Don't limit your faith in our Sovereign God because of a trial...don't let yourself think..."Well what other choice do I have."...DON'T LIMIT GOD WITH YOUR ATTITUDE AND CHOICES!

Will the situation work out?  I would say YES as God is sovereign and loves you!  But be prepared that He will always be working things out for your GOOD...so the outcome may not be the way you imagined or in your timing, but once again continue to TRUST and grow in your faith in HIM!

God is NOT a puppet master and will NOT control others for you, but He will go before you and make a way when there seems to be no way...He is Sovereign and Miraculous.  So stand in your convictions and in His promises to protect you and provide for you...IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!

Let me share with you my reflections upon a wonderful, pertinent song from Hillsong United.

Hide me now, under your wings
Cover me, within your mighty hands
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, you are King over the flood
I will be still and know you are God!

I rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know His power, in quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you, above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know you are God!


Be encouraged to persevere in Him, no matter what! 
Melanie...


No comments: