Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Sunday 2 February 2014

FAITH

St. John's Basilica - Ephesus 
God been speaking to me recently…very loudly and specifically…on more than one thing.

I knew that moving to Kyabram was the beginning of a new chapter in my life and in my children’s lives…I also knew in my heart that 2014 would be a year where God would reveal to me some of my future direction.

I had been stepping out in faith, not knowing what lay ahead a lot over the last 2 years.

An example of this is returning to full-time theological study at the beginning of 2013, without a clear vision of my calling.  I just knew that I was called to full-time ministry and needed to complete the degree I started…even though I did not know what the ‘full-time ministry’ would be.  Some people struggled to understand this however I am comforted to know that I am NOT alone in this unclear calling!

But…things have changed…God has been speaking to me recently loudly and specifically…although I still don’t have the whole picture of what lays ahead.

And I need to admit that I have been struggling with feeling somewhat overwhelmed…I have been feeling many different emotions often within the space of 24 hours!  I have been feeling anxious, joyous, fearful, excited, confused, reassured…how patient God truly is with me!  I have wanted clear direction for quite some time and now that I have a picture of what’s next look how I react…so human!

All this said however, I am determined by God’s grace to live a faithful life for Him…so I need to keep drawing closer to Him to drown out all that is not from Him…

This is not easy as there is so much inside me that would like to retreat and hide, or stamp my foot and have a tantrum J 

Yet there is also so much inside me that knows how awesome living a faithful life with God is, that I do not want any other route for my life other than the one He has planned.

God is forever GOOD and I look forward in time to come to sharing more of my life with you and to write about what God is doing in my life.

For now, yes I need to complete this degree and see what doors God opens to complete His plan for this Ordinary Aussie Woman!

Let me leave you with this song which is so fitting right now for me…and an encouragement to keep moving forward in FAITH, even if it is at times scary, for truly this is a life far less than ordinary…

Love Melanie!




No comments: