Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Monday 21 October 2013

I WON'T GIVE UP!

New South Wales is burning…it’s incredible how scary the skies look, and how desperate the situation seems with more massive heat being predicted…current reports state 200 homes have been lost!  It is hard to SEE this disaster from a distance.  My skies here are clear and it seems life is continuing as normal…but the news and pictures tell the truth…


Check it out here:  Current images
Australia is a most beautiful, raw country.  Panoramic views which stretch too far for even one’s camera, of diverse landscapes that can leave you breathless.  I’m getting emotional even typing about my intensely, stunning country!  Horrific, tragic fires here are named…we have had Ash Wednesday, Black Saturday, and now Red October

I would like to take this opportunity to encourage us however to keep praying and helping in whatever way we are able!  To do this I would like to reflect upon a song I have been recently encourage by…I know it is a love song…but it does speak so loudly of love in a highly applicable way!  For indeed, let’s not give up as God is love, and He is our unlimited source of strength…and He is at work even in the most dire of situations!  So let me share my reflections with you using Jason Mraz’s ‘I won’t give up!’ 


 

When I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise, well there's so much they hold

And just like them old stars, I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are, how old is your soul?

To my fellow Aussie’s struggling, please know that there are people who see the pain in your eyes and cry with you!  Yet we also know your resilience and are standing alongside waiting to see you rebuild!

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

We won’t give up on you…no matter how red the skies get and we are uplifting you in prayer!

And when you're needing your space, to do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting, to see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn, God knows we're worth it

No, I won't give up

Yes we will be patient and YOU ARE WORTH IT!


I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily

I'm here to stay and make the difference that i can make

Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts

We got yeah we got a lot at stake

And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend

For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn

We had to learn, how to bend without the world caving in

I had to learn what I’ve got, and what I'm not, and who I am

We must stand alongside one another!

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

I'm still looking up


We won't look the other way...we will dig deep and not walk away! 
Let's keep praying for Australia!
 

 

1 comment:

Chanda Griese said...

Praying for Australia...that our Sovereign Lord will be with them in the bushfires and strengthen them and help them.