Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Monday 26 August 2013

Times that Test 2:


In my last post I explained how I felt compelled to write a post, as a few of my friends, and me were going through hard times…

But the problem with testing times is that they still are unique for us all…and although we can relate when someone we know cries out… ‘WHY?’  We are still NOT in their shoes…

Kicked in the guts…this is a blunt Aussie expression, to express the unfair treatment that someone may have to endure!

Taken for granted…Abused…Used…Trampled upon…Unfair treatment…

What about the people who are mistreated just because of where they were born?

Can we really relate to them?

I truly have been through some difficult times during my 36 years, I have been hurt by people whom I loved, and I know what it feels like to be broken…but if I’m truly honest I don’t know if I really can relate to people whom seem to be totally forgotten about by the world…

Can I really have true empathy and a comprehension of their pain, without having lived it? Or am I limited to compassion alone?  Big tough questions, I know…but pain and trials are tough, and we can’t just sweep them under the rug…

So what common ground is there for those of us who haven’t truly lived a totally unjust, inhumane experience?  Not a lot, some of you may say…and yes, at times we can feel overwhelmed by the pain we hear from others…

But there is hope, and may I suggest common ground…because of a common hope!

It is the GOOD NEWS!

Like the lyrics… ‘My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus’ blood and righteousness…On Christ, the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!’

The reason the Gospel of Jesus is GOOD NEWS is because it gives HOPE to ALL people!  The Gospel is not confined to a limited group…IT IS THE POWER TO SAVE, FOR ALL WHO BELIEVE!

We all can get ‘kicked in the guts’ and can feel terribly low and unloved…

But that is not the full-stop or period…God offers so much more, eternal life with Him, and the promise of a new body, and a restored Earth for eternity, where pain and sin are NO MORE!

I found this awesome song today by Chris Tomlin, it’s called ‘I will Rise’…

‘There’s a peace I’ve come to know, though my heart & flesh may fail…There’s an anchor for my soul, I can say “It is well”

Jesus has overcome, and the grave is overwhelmed…The victory is won, He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name, No more sorrow, No more pain…I will rise on eagle’s wings, Before my God fall on my knees, And rise, I will Rise…

There’s a day that’s drawing near, when this darkness breaks to light…And the shadows disappear, and my faith shall be my eyes…

Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed, the victory is won, He is risen from the dead…

And I will rise when He calls my name, No more sorrow, No more pain…I will rise on eagle’s wings, Before my God fall on my knees, And I will rise, I will rise…

And I hear the voice of many angels sing, “Worthy is the Lamb”

And I hear the cry of every longing heart, “Worthy is the Lamb”

And I will rise when He calls my name, No more sorrow, No more pain…I will rise on eagle’s wings, Before my God fall on my knees, And rise, I will Rise…
 
 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great topic Mel, I think we can all relate to hard times, at least some of the time. Unfortunately it has become much more prevalent nowadays, with the rates of depression and suicide the highest ever in history. More and more people are losing hope for the future due to the huge injustices occurring around the world- I'm certainly one. While we are told that other people are doing it harder than we are, in many cases they are, however that does little to ease the pain we are forced to endure from so many heartless, selfish, money hungry people in our world today. This is extremely disheartening and we must relearn to care for the wellbeing of others, if we really want things to change. While I'm not a Christian yet, I certainly believe the world needs to follow the compassion that God clearly states about treating others as you would like to be treated yourself. IT'S TIME FOR A REVOLUTION.......

Melanie J Nash said...

Couldn't agree with you more Justin! And that revolution begins within each individual when we commit our lives to Christ...that's why it's called being 'born again' :)
With God's love all things are possible...while all things are still yet to be fully restored, we are blessed to see glimpses of His Kingdom, in the lives of those transformed by Jesus Christ...peace Justin!

Louise Ross said...

Really liked both Parts 1and 2 of this blog. I've been learning that to ignore, push aside or suppress pain is neither physically or spiritually healthy. We need to embrace suffering and we can't do it in our own strength - "on Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand". Only when Christ is our strength can we rise on eagles wings and see the bigger picture of God's grace, His salvation and His eternal love for all His creation.

Melanie J Nash said...

Amen Louise! Beautifully stated :)
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad to hear that you liked both posts :)

You are one of the most brave, sincere and honourable women I know, and have the privilege to call friend x