Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Sunday 23 June 2013

Grace...


What grace means to me…

GRACE…

What does this word mean?  Here where I live some responses may be…

“Isn’t something you say before eating?”

“Or being extremely elegant?”

Here In Australia, because Christian terms are not generally used outside of church, and that’s where the majority of people are, most people over the age of thirty…although they would know ‘Amazing Grace’…I’m not so sure if they’d know the meaning of Christian Grace…

I too, did not understand Christian terms and honestly there still are many Christian practices and meanings that I am unaware of…but in my opinion, it is wonderful to keep learning, and we should not be so quick to discard our rich Christian heritage…

So what does grace mean to me…and more importantly to me as a youngish, Australian woman? 

Firstly, I’m not sure about you…but…definitions help me A LOT! SO here’s an attempt…

Grace:  Undeserved, Divine love and mercy, lavishly spent.

My definition would not be complete, without my actual experience of God’s Awesome Grace…

  • Uncontainable Love

  • Unfathomable Forgiveness

  • Indescribable Peace

  • Undeserved Mercy

  • Second Chances

  • Unsurpassable Life

  • Royal Inheritance

I remember some time after I had given every single part of who I am to Christ, being in my car, sobbing so much, and with the tears streaming down my eyes, singing ‘Amazing Grace’…you see, this song which had once simply been just that…a song…I actually comprehended and experienced!

God’s grace IS amazing…

This is my experience of God’s lavish, extreme grace, through Jesus Christ, which is why I want it for all…

Below is a clip of a Christian Artist, sharing the Gospel message…WELL WORTH A LOOK!
 

No comments: