Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Sunday 13 January 2013

Protection


Ever have a time in your life when you know, beyond a shadow a doubt, that you were protected by God?  The experience I mean, is one where you cannot explain all the events or feelings or intuition you felt.  To explain what happened to another person may even be daunting, sounding too dramatic or fantastical...But most importantly the experience is real ~ so real to you, that even though it may be hard to understand, be unexplainable or non-tangible...you know it was real and that you were protected, regardless of what others may believe...
 
 

Personally I don't know how atheists deal with this type of experience; because I believe even they would have had an experience like this.  Why? Because God is good and doesn't show partiality ~ also it's scriptural that He makes the sun shine on both the godly and un-godly...

Now do experiences like this occur often in people's lives? I don't know?  But what I do believe is that they do occur, and that they happen to everyone.  I'm not saying that anyone is constantly protected from all of life's challenges or catastrophes.  And I'm not trying to answer why it is, that sometimes we know we were definitely protected from something, and then other times we wonder why we had to endure something else...

The reason I'm writing about protection, is because just this week I had a wonderful protection experience.  Someone tried to invade my privacy via Facebook.  This may sound trivial to you, but let me assure you, it wasn't and isn't trivial to me.  An invasion or attempt made to invade privacy, is an awful thing. It's manipulative, sickening and wrong!  Though I still don't know who it really was, and have my suspicions, I have decided to let it go because of God's awesome protection.

The instant the first thing happened, God stepped in! I had an awful uneasy feeling from the very beginning, and I believe that He was warning me.  Even though I was curious to try and dig further I knew I shouldn't...I just knew...and then when a message came through to my inbox, I definitely had confirmation that this was unsafe.

I felt sickened and was distressed that someone was trying to invade my life.  After I just received the message and was feeling very stressed...who rocked up to my house unexpectedly?  My best friend, whose advice I trust and value.  She confirmed God's warning in a physical voice, and was a great comfort to me.  I blocked this profile from any further access to my Facebook page.  After this happened and I was spending time trying to hear God, and He gave me this passage...

            'The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for His heavenly Kingdom...' 2 Tim 4:18, NRSV

This was a stressful, unwarranted, evil attack, that had I not listened, could have been a lot worse...but I know I was protected.  Praise God and peace be with you!

 

Melanie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanking Christ for His protection of you, Melanie. I enjoyed the post. God's supernatural protection is all around us; as one with His gift of discerning of spirits, I've seen His supernatural protections all my life. What He did for you on Facebook is no small thing - He knew it would positively impact your emotions with how much He loves and values you. Be blessed, dear.

Unknown said...

I am also please the once again Jesus came to a followers rescue. This was not just an average Facebook account. The computer is how you share and spread the word of God and no one in the trinity could risk stopping that medium of spreading his word. Which means your posts has or soon will bring at least one person to Christ and that is something you should be proud of. May God bless you and your family.

Stephen